Thursday, August 13, 2009

HDB: Houses Dat are Beautiful...

Hey peeps,

know my blog has been on the freezer for the past months. It was partly due to Blogger refusing to let me upload my pictures and my busy work life...But not to worry because I'm back!

Shall start over again by this post that has been swimming in my head since a long time ago.

I've heard people telling me that the Singapore landscape is blah... that everything looks the same and uniformed, especially the mass housing blocks we all live in called the HDB.

But I beg to differ.

A walk around the island and a closer look will let you realise that not all housing blocks are the same. At least for me, each of the HDB blocks below has its own unique character and architectural flavour. See if you can guess where they are! :)




I love rainbows!



This one is painted in nationalistic colours.




Reminds me of some modern surreal painting.

2 comments:

eme said...

Nice photos! Ling2 should be gratified by your post. Haha!

Ling Ling said...

hey thanks for the post... but can help me to identify the blocks in question? i know the second pict is the HDB blocks beside La Selle.

I am particularly interested in those blocks in the first pict with the rainbow? in bedok.