Sunday, March 09, 2008

What you see is not what you get......

So there we were on the flight from KL-Kuching, midway on our 10 hour flight route and practically starving since we started off at 6am.

Lunch came in a pretty box and we greeted it eagerly. The one beside me made some comment about how environmentally unfriendly it was but concluded that it would make quite a nice container to store barang barang in such as t-shirts, socks, underwear…etc.

Whatever. It was all small talk before we tackle the munchies!




I opened the box cover before me to find- yogurt (yuck!), a cup of water, a dry looking pandan muffin and a cute cubic container labeled “Sandwic”.

Thinking it to be what you usually get for sandwiches, (you know, the thing with meaty fillings squashed between two slices of bread) I immediately attacked what I thought would be the answer to my hunger.

Alas! Things were not what they seem to be…






Presenting Malaysian Airline’s one time only, limited edition, exclusive flight food offering-
the ‘Meteor Bread’! Also known as the ‘Rock’!

A special concoction of pure plain dough shaped as a square brick block, with bits of ham thrown in for a dash of colour!

I looked over to the guy beside me and he looked back, we both threw that horrid thing back to its beautiful package and shut the lid. So much for lunch!





Touched down in Miri and found that our next flight had been delayed by an hour. Good! I thought, just enough time to search for a quick bite onto some good grub. Enticed by a delicious poster advertising for ‘Malaysian Wok’, we were in a mood for a little noodle soup…

Yet, Life decided that it was not at the end of its mischievous run.

Sometimes what you see is not only what you get…but MORE!

Guess what I found in my chicken ball noodle soup halfway after eating it?

A piece of STRING!!





Yep, a skinny white string masquerading as noodles was found floating in my soup as I fished it out with my fork. It’s the same type of string people use to tie exam scripts with during O’levels. Urrgh... I refuse to speculate on what went into the making of those chicken balls I ate!



And so that's the end of my adventures exploring the arid gastronomical wonders of MAS, not forgetting the 'delightful' surprise that awaited me at Malaysian Wok.
Thank God the rest of the food along the trip was normal and not quite as spectacular! haha...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you must have enjoyed your bak chor mee better. Heh. Blah~

雨田 said...

Hey CK! Haha... Nice blog!

I attempted to pick at the granules of the ROCK, and gave up! =)

雨田 said...

btw, I'm meanie eme.

starswirlz said...

Yep PS: I totally miss my mee-pok while I was there but luckily there were other distractions to keep me preoccupied... :P

Halo meanie eme! Haha I didn't know you were so "thunderous"
(yu + tian =lei?)..give me your blog address to read man! hahaha..

Anonymous said...

Heh...I thought you learnt in Mulu that my surname is 'lei'? Oops, maybe you weren't there, but having a rendezvous with Jes at the helipad!!!

K I will invite you. My blog is private. Heehee...