Wednesday, April 09, 2008

When Hunger strikes...




After spending the earlier part of the day working, I had a sudden urge for spaghetti and so in a spur of a moment, I decided to whip up a pan of that Italian pasta for my hungry tummy. Gosh! Thinking back, it must have been ages since I last cook that stuff.
(A quick scan through my previous blog posts revealed that the last mention of me cooking was almost 2 years ago in 2006! *audible gasps!*)



I recommend this 'Thai Sing' brand of Chilli Crab sauce for anyone interested in whipping up a killer treat. Just a few spoonfuls of this paste is enough to give any pasta a fiery kick..shiok!


And so after managing to scoff down that entire pan of pasta, (I can't believe I was that hungry!) my mind was somehow afloat with more images of food that I have tasted and eaten over the years. What can I say, once a foodie, always a foodie. It's a natural past time for Singaporeans.
Anyway I made a list of the best food experiences I have had so far.
If given a chance I want to do it all over again!

These are:





Paper Steamboat at Sakae Sushi. Four greedy souls picking away at that pot of nabe and slurping til the last drop of soup is gone. What made it better still was that it was freee!



Pretty cupcakes at Paisley & Cream, Clark Quay Central.
$5 for a cupcake and hot drink set with a river view and good company, what's there not to like!



Beef Goulash at Soup Spoon. The soup that I always order when I'm there.
Mr HJJ seems to be particularly enamoured by this dish as well though my new love there now is actually the 'Garlic Buttons'. (Breaded button mushrooms stuffed with mozzarella cheese dipped in garlic butter...*drools*)




Currywurst in Berlin. Costing only 1 Euro (S$2), a long sausage sliced into pieces with lots of curry powder, ketchup and red sauce, served piping hot in the cold winter weather.
The Ultimate heart warmer.



Tiramisu in Munich. A huge block of that dessert soaked in good espresso and spiked with lots of alcoholic rum. Yum!



Gyros in Greece. Ten times better than the expensive and dry kebabs we have in Singapore and also twice as cheap. Fresh garden vegetables of tomatoes, purple onions, crunchy lettuce paired with soft tender juicy kebab meat with a slathering of mayo all wrapped up in a Gyro.
Plus....
The Greek guy serving them was also quite hunky like the meat!
See picture below...heeheehee...



Okie that's all for now..time for dinner!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is he single? hahah

Unknown said...

Wah yr pasta alot of "Liao" hor? Haha

starswirlz said...

Aida: I don't know! I mainly just take them for eye-candy haha.. an extra bonus that comes along with the food. Besides, I'm a very shy person lor, I don't anyhow approach strangers..:P

Steph: Yesh! I basically dug out all the ingredients I could find in my freezer... shrimps, sotong, crabstick, carrots, fishcake... And I actually gobbled them all up without any leftovers! whahahah...

Hurricane said...

u make me very hungry leh...

在秋季降落的女孩 said...

clare: u where got shy..u help elaine approach strangers loh..see y she nv find mi...haha...
i m a better cook! i cook jap u cook western...wahaha...

hurricane: hello hot date 2..when are u NOT hungri? bleahz~ aida pls disregard my flirting... >.<

Anonymous said...

I need to be Chunky like the meat!

Unknown said...

wah.... ur pasta looks super yumilicious lah...impressive!!!
and what kind of fridge do u have man!! stocked up with shrimps, sotongs etc etc... evil fridge....

雨田 said...

Wah... Everything looks good!!! Including the guy.

Ya lor, you are not shy, gal. Haha, stop fooling yourself.

Your spaghetti really looks gd lah. Mine usually only has mushrooms and minced meat. And I haven't cooked a proper meal for a long time! Instant noodles not counted hor.

starswirlz said...

HJJ: I need a hunk...Not a Chunk! (unlike some others, I do not fancy my boyfriend to be big and chunky, I have enough chunks on my own, thank you very much! haha)

Hurricane: There is a reason for ur nickname hurricane you know...coz u suck in everything into your stomach along your way!!

Lite: Stop using every chance to flirt! And my spaghetti can beat your soba! hohoho!

P.M.S: I have a normal-size panasonic fridge, just that I fully utilise it.haha!

Anonymous said...

eh eh... i like my boyfriend big and chunky... hahaha.
and pls... dont think naughty!!!

starswirlz said...

Sarah: trust me, I think I have said much worse things that became sexual innenundos than "big and chunky"..haahaa...
If have time, I'll tell u all about it.. coz its to embarrassing to put it here!

雨田 said...

tell me tell me, i also wanna hear!!!

Unknown said...

Sasa. u are terrible. make me hungry at midnight. where am i gg to find food?!

ARGH!